You will be reporting directly to the CFO and undertake all aspects of accounting management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, actual vs budget reports, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
Your areas of responsibilities will include the below:
– Manage all accounting: aspects including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, and Revenue Recognition, Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
– Bookkeeping: oversee and manage the day-to-day bookkeeping activities, including recording financial transactions, maintaining ledgers, and reconciling accounts. Ensure all financial records and documents are accurately and securely maintained.
– Internal controls: Creating and monitoring company policies and internal controls, especially spending controls, to safeguard company assets and reduce fraud. Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
– Budget: Working with the FP&A on the creation of budget, including incorporating historical data. Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
– Compliance: Ensuring compliance with local law, tax provisions and relevant industry and financial regulations.
– Reporting and analysis:
Providing financial reporting and analysis to guide decision-making.
Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
Research technical accounting issues for compliance (IFRS and US GAAP)
– Cost savings: Identifying efficiencies and opportunities for cost reductions across the business.
– Payroll: Handling payroll processing and labor tax compliance.
– External reporting: Preparing company tax and financial statements, including public filings. Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
– Vendor Management: Manage relationships with vendors, suppliers, and service providers to ensure prompt payments and negotiate favorable terms when possible.
– Team Leadership: Lead, mentor, and manage the finance team, including bookkeepers. Set performance objectives, conduct evaluations, and provide professional development opportunities to team members.